About This Event.
This course is designed to empower curriculum leaders, coordinators or heads of department with the skills to proficiently utilise Daymap’s classroom tools and effectively manage the assessment cycle. It caters to those seeking to enhance their understanding of Daymap’s teaching and learning capabilities, offering strategies to harness it as a valuable tool for driving the improvements in teaching and learning within a school.
Participants in this course will have the opportunity to review the setup and configuration of Daymap in their own context, along with accessing our training site and materials for acquiring new skills.
Throughout the session, participants will receive training and support on the following key areas:
- Uploading class resources including plans, outlines and external content to Daymap classes.
- Collaborative planning using the Curriculum Library and Course Sharing features.
- Assessment Delivery and Task Management, with a focus on creating and managing tasks for faculties and year levels.
- Classroom use and administration of assessments, covering setting assignments, managing due dates, online submission of work, annotations and online marking.
- Exploring different formats of Rubrics and ISMGs, including creation, marking, management, sharing and reuse.
- Utilising Daymap for effective communication with parents regarding homework and assessment tasks.
- Facilitating posted discussions and social interaction for learning within the Daymap platform.
- Employing Student Indicators for improved student and cohort tracking.
- Importing standardised testing results such as NAPLAN and PAT.
- Data Analysis in Daymap, including creating and editing analysis reports.
- Exporting reporting and assessment data for customised analysis.
- Conducting audits to track teacher use and ensure compliance through Management Reports.
By the end of the session, participants will be equipped with the knowledge and skills necessary to leverage Daymap as a robust tool for advancing teaching and learning practices.
Who should attend?
Curriculum Leaders who:
- are new to Daymap.
- are new to the job.
- would like to implement the teaching & learning aspects of Daymap.
- would like to implement Assessment Tasks and Marking in Daymap.
- would like to know more about any of the items on this list.
Subject Coordinators who:
- manage assessment dates and planning for their faculty.
- would like a more ‘hands-on’ approach to understanding the curriculum elements of Daymap.
We recommend that schools send at least two staff members to this course so that teams can reflect and plan on improving existing processes or the implementation of new processes. There will be time for discussion, reflection and application to participants’ own contexts. For maximum benefit we recommend that at least one staff member attending has assessment administration permissions.
All course participants receive training materials, morning tea and lunch. We limit our sessions to small groups, allowing participants to engage directly with our experienced trainers and to share and collaborate with other members of the Daymap community.