About This Event
This course is designed for staff responsible for overseeing student attendance, absences and school communications. The content spans from fundamental to advanced administration tasks in this domain, exploring strategies for leveraging Daymap as a tool to enhance student management and school administration.
Key topics covered in this course include:
- Locating students and editing their details.
- Marking attendance: for teachers, administrators, and multiple student simultaneously.
- Managing attendance and absences for excursions.
- Student absence management, including SMS notifications and replies.
- Recording lates, early departures, appointments and more.
- Daymap Self-serve Kiosks for Student Sign In/Out and visitor management.
- Enhancing communication through Daymap Messaging, Posts, Bulletins and SMS within the school community.
- Daymap group management for attendance, communication, event management and data analysis.
- Generating evacuation reports.
- Managing sick bay, medication, detentions, loan items and other related tasks.
- Using student notes to record and highlight important information.
- Importing attendance to and from OneSchool.
- Configuring attendance settings and an explanation of their impact on attendance tracking.
- Addressing roll marking errors and inconsistencies.
- Attendance reporting: utilising snapshot indicators, attendance rates, lates and truancy data.
This comprehensive course aims to equip participants with the knowledge and skills to effectively utilise Daymap for improved student management and streamlined school administration.
Who should attend?
- Daymap Leaders who are looking for an overview of the attendance management and communications tools available to manage their school effectively.
- Administration staff who handle day-to-day attendance and absence management and communicate with the school community.
We recommend that schools send at least two staff members to this course so that teams can reflect and plan on improving existing processes or the implementation of new processes. There will be time for discussion, reflection and application to participants’ own contexts.
All course participants receive training materials, morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea. We limit our sessions to small groups, allowing participants to engage directly with our experienced trainers and to share and collaborate with other members of the Daymap community.