About This Event
This course aims to provide staff with the skills to manage the daily movement of staff and students throughout the school. This includes calendars, daily changes, excursions, resources, detentions, parent–teacher interviews, music lessons and more.
It will expand their understanding of the capacity of Daymap and explore strategies for using Daymap within a school as a tool to drive the improvement of student management and school administration.
In this session you will learn how to:
- Import data such as timetables, daily changes and supervisions
- Create calendars for whole of school, groups or individual use
- Manage permissions for staff in various areas of Daymap, including access/edit/read
- Create and manage excursions and incursions, including parent consent
- Create and manage regular music, sport and special interest activities,
- Create and manage meetings and whole-school events.
- Manage room and resource bookings
- Setup and use Parent-Teacher interviews from the perspective of administration, teachers and parents.
- Schedule and mark detention rolls
- Display staff as offsite when they are not on school grounds, regardless of reason
- Welcome visitors onsite and subsequent record keeping.
Who should attend?
- Daymap Leaders who are looking for an overview of calendaring and event management at their school
- Administration staff who configure and manage everything around calendaring and scheduling.
We recommend that schools send at least two staff members to this course so that teams can reflect and plan on improving existing processes or the implementation of new processes. There will be time for discussion, reflection and application to participants’ own contexts.
All course participants receive training materials, morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea. We limit our sessions to small groups, allowing participants to engage directly with our experienced trainers and to share and collaborate with other members of the Daymap community.