Please note the change of date to training. This course will now be held on the 28th of October.
About This Event
This course aims to provide staff with the skills to effectively utilise the classroom tools in Daymap and manage the assessment cycle. It is aimed at either curriculum leaders or lead teachers who would like to expand their understanding of the teaching and learning capacity of Daymap, and explore strategies for using Daymap within a school as a tool to drive the improvement of teaching and learning.
This course will give you an opportunity to review setup and configuration in your own Daymap, as well as access our training site and materials for learning new skills.
Attendance at this course will provide you with training and support on:
- Assessment Delivery and Task Management – focusing on creation of and managing tasks for faculties and year levels
- Classroom use and administration of assessment including setting assignments, managing due dates, online submission of work and online marking of work
- Rubrics – the different formats available; creating and marking; management, sharing and reuse
- Using Daymap to manage communication to parents about homework
- Posted discussions and social interaction for learning in Daymap
- Effective use of Student Indicators for improved student and cohort tracking
- Curriculum Library and Course Sharing for collaborative planning
- Importing standardised testing results (NAPLAN and PAT)
- Data Analysis in Daymap – creating and editing analysis reports
- Exporting reporting and assessment data for customised analysis
- Auditing – tracking teacher use and compliance using the Management Reports
- Introduction to: Daymap Connect (Parent Portal) & Student Diaries
Who should attend?
Curriculum Leaders who:
- are new to Daymap
- are new to the job
- would like to implement the teaching & learning aspects of Daymap
- would like to implement Assessment Tasks and Marking in Daymap
- would like to know more about any of the items on this list
Daymap Coordinators who:
- would like a more ‘hands-on’ approach to understanding the curriculum elements of Daymap
We recommend that schools send at least two staff members to this course so that teams can reflect and plan on improving existing processes or the implementation of new processes. There will be time for discussion, reflection and application to participants’ own contexts. For maximum benefit we recommend that at least one staff member attending has assessment administration permissions.
All course participants receive training materials, morning tea and lunch. We limit our sessions to small groups, allowing participants to engage directly with our experienced trainers and to share and collaborate with other members of the Daymap community.