Please note this training has been cancelled
About This Event
This course is aimed at staff who manage attendance and high-level administration tasks who would like to expand their understanding of the capacity of Daymap and explore strategies for using Daymap within a school as a tool to drive the improvement of student management and school administration.
This course will cover:
- Importing attendance to and from OneSchool
- Configuring attendance and an explanation of how these configurations affect attendance
- Locating students and reading/editing details against them
- Using student notes to record and flag important information
- Marking attendance: as a teacher, as an administrator and for multiple students at once
- Following up on roll marking errors and inconsistencies
- Communications such as: school notices and absence SMS
- Resource booking, excursions and calendars
- Records for lates, early departures, sick bay, appointments and more
- Attendance reporting: snapshot indicators, attendance rates, lates and truancy
- An introduction to the parent portal including parent-teacher interviews
Who should attend?
- Daymap Leaders who are looking for an overview of attendance and reports they can use to manage their school effectively
- Administration staff who handle day-to-day attendance and admin work needed to record and utilise data
We recommend that schools send at least two staff members to this course so that teams can reflect and plan on improving existing processes or the implementation of new processes. There will be time for discussion, reflection and application to participants’ own contexts.
All course participants receive training materials, morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea. We limit our sessions to small groups, allowing participants to engage directly with our experienced trainers and to share and collaborate with other members of the Daymap community.